- To Strengthen the community by supporting the arts.
- To gather musicians, young and mature, from Draper and surrounding communities for a professional musical experience
- To support and build budding musicians through child and youth orchestras and through side-by-side mentoring in the Philharmonic.
- To support existing Draper arts projects by providing high-level pit orchestras and trained choirs for Draper productions.
"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint,' then by all means, paint and that voice will be silenced."
The draper Philharmonic and Choral Society to fulfill these goals:
- to round out the needs of the arts in Draper
- to build and support budding musicians in the area but especially in Draper
- to give a venue to our adult citizens who are musically talented who desire to find musical fulfillment in our amazing city
- to eventually build a state-of-the-art venue that provides the needed space and technical tools to serve the community at a high level of artestry.
- Salt Lake has Abravanel Hall and the symphony. Provo has the Steven R. Covey Center for the Performing Arts. We are a budding city at the point of the mountain, and we can provide the same excellent artistry for the south valley. My vision includes paying Philharmonic members so that we can have a high level symphony. These would be full-time positions and salaries would be sufficient to draw the better and best musicians from our community and beyond to this entity.
"Make no small plans, they have no power to stir men’s souls."
The philharmonic and 80+ member choir will eventually provide monthly concerts from September through July 4th for the citizens of Draper and surrounding communities.
- Silver Screen Music featuring music from animated children's movies with “invited guests” and costume characters (ticketed)
- Family Movie Music Night celebrating the best contemporary composers (ticketed)
- Sacred Christmas concert: The Bells of Christmas (free concert)
- Easter Concert Oratorio: Rob Gardner's Lamb of God (free concert)
- Patriotic Concert near or on the 4th of July to feature local talent (ticketed)